B & B Messabout

Designer

Graham and Carla a friend that wishs to do some fishing and sailing, will be coming along with me and my Belhaven since my wife can't come. I have been retired from July the 1st but somehow I don't feel retired. I hope the outing will make me realize I don't punch a clock anymore. You and Carla always make me fill at home on my visits, can't wait to see you again.

I plan on having my boat in the water on the 28th. So anything I can do to help get ready for the mess-about I will.

Scott

I am very sorry to say that I am not going to be able to make it again this year.

I am having a treatment done to remove pre-skin cancer and it requires me to stay out of the sun for 60 days.  It is killing me not to be sailing or kayaking this time of year which is best time in Florida for these sports.  From now to June is the best sailing time & temperature.  Oh well,  hopefully I will not get skin cancer when this is over.

Hope you all have a great time visiting with each other and sailing.  Hope to see you all at Cedar Key next May if not before.

Dale

Unfortunately Paul and I will also be unable to attend this year with our CS20 "Dawn Patrol".  We had so much fun last year we hate to miss it.  

It seems our son Alan forgot to take this important event into consideration when planning his world wide sailing adventure http://www.eyeotw.org.  They leave Nov 2nd from Hampton Roads VA, and we need to spend that weekend up there with him.

We're good for next year though, kids have all grown and flown :(

Dawn

I'll be there, but "Petunia" isn't quite ready yet for the trip, so I'll be volunteer movable ballast if anyone needs an extra hand or two...

Since I have all of my "camp cruising" gear ready I'll just camp near the water's edge and test everything out on this trip !

Unfortunately Paul and I will also be unable to attend this year with our CS20 "Dawn Patrol".  We had so much fun last year we hate to miss it.  

It seems our son Alan forgot to take this important event into consideration when planning his world wide sailing adventure http://www.eyeotw.org.  They leave Nov 2nd from Hampton Roads VA, and we need to spend that weekend up there with him.

We're good for next year though, kids have all grown and flown :(

Dawn

All,

SWMBO speaks the truth.  Can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am that we will miss the B&B Mess-About this time.   Will be busy helping Alan and his crew to launch their global circumnavigation for their Eye-of-the-World educational program.

If any of you would like to write to Alan with complaints (about us not being at the mess-about) or with advice and recommendations about globe trotting (and how to do it safely with no money),   please feel free....

Alan Stewart:   alanosauras at gmail dot com

post-1353-129497689448_thumb.jpg

My loving wife has said that since I had to stay home and tend to the horses while she went out to Colorado this summer and also couldn't attend CLC's Okoumefest because she had a business commitment that weekend, that I deserved a weekend of fun on/near the water just messing about.

I'll be making the trip down from the PA/NY border for the entie weekend, camping at the launch, if still available.

Am looking forward to examining the Core Sound series and getting a "tour" of the CNC unit.

We had a taste of winter last week, so would really appreciate a return to "summery" conditions, if this could be arranged.

See you there.

Steve

I'm going to be there as one of the wanna bee's! I have never sailed before so maybe I can catch a ride with someone! I hope to be building something between 12'&15'. I hope to take a spindrift or a 15' coresound for a test drive! This is cool! Where else can you go to test a boat design that you are wanting to build, only to find out that after you built it that it doesn't fit! So if you see a guy taking lots of pictures and notes, that will probably be me! Looking forward to next week!

I'll be there with my CS17 competing for the title of dirtiest, most beat-up boat (I've found indoor heated workspace this winter so I can finally attend to all those things I've been putting off).

We'll probably arrive Friday evening (we'll miss dinner, though) and stay to Sunday sometime.

Hitchhikers are welcome in my boat.

Timing couln't be more perfect for this very curious newbie hoping to return to small boat, weekend, shallow water, trailer sailing soon.  Will just coming for Saturday from Washington, NC and be happy to stay into the evening and meet everyone and help & learn where I can.  Thanks very much for hosting this event. Rick