Team B&B / Team Kruger arrived at the finish line, the boat ramp at Ft. DeSoto, at 12:12pm Monday 26th on a NW breeze of 8-10 kts. SandyBottom and SOS greatly appreciated seeing everyone who came out to meet them. As you can see in the photo below, they were very happy to finish the circumnavigation.
Monday afternoon: celebrated, trailered boats, dinner, slept in real beds all night.
Tuesday: drove 12 hrs back to Chapel Hill, NC.
Wednesday: cleaning gear at home, and back to work.
1. Arrival at Cedar Key from the river section (Suwannee Sound, Suwannee River, 40 mile portage, and St Marys River.)
2. Sailing out of Cedar Key towards Tampa Bay
3. Arrival at the finish line at Ft. DeSoto
4. Landing at the finish line.
5. Awards: 3 shark teeth for the first 3 stages, 1 gator tooth for the portage, 1 whale tail carving for finishing the Ultimate Florida Challenge.
Details at sailnaway.blogspot.com and sandybottomkayaker.blogspot.com