Resolving email delivery problems
How to whitelist messing-about.com
Email sometimes gets filtered before it reaches your inbox and you won’t get your registration email or new post updates. The solution is to add us to your trusted list of senders, contacts or address book. This is also known as “Whitelisting.”
Open your spam folder and find the email from messing-about Forums or email@example.com and open it. Mark it as “Not spam”.
Below are step by step instructions for some of the more problematic email programs. Click on any of the follow sections to see instructions specific to that email program.
Blank - Not shown to make all sections appear closed
AT&T and Yahoo Email
Check your Spam Folder. If an email from messing-about Forums, firstname.lastname@example.org or Frank Hagan is there:
- Please open the email.
- Next click the Not Spam button on the top toolbar.
To ensure delivery: Create a filter to automatically send email from Frank Hagan to your Inbox.
- Move your mouse over or tap the Gear icon in the top right navigation bar.
- Select Settings from the list that drops down.
- Choose Filters located on the left side of the page.
- Click the Add button on the Filters page.
- Create a name such as Whitelist in the Filter name field.
- In the From field leave the default contains selected.
- Enter our email address email@example.com in the text box next to Contains…
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox.
- Click or tap Save…
- You will see in the next screen -Deliver to Inbox if From contains Frank Hagan–
- Click or tap Save on this screen.
- You will be returned to your AT&T or Yahoo! Inbox.
- Log into your Xfinity account and select your Comcast webmail.
- Look for an email from messing-about Forums, firstname.lastname@example.org or Frank Hagan in your spam folder.
- Open the email.
- Click the (not spam) icon on the top toolbar. It has a red circle with a line through it, and the word “spam”.
If you can’t find the email, search for “email@example.com”. If that fails, search for “in:spam firstname.lastname@example.org”.
If the email is in spam , open it and click Report not spam or Looks Safe.
If the email is in your Promotions or Updates tab you can drag it to the Inbox tab if you like.
iPhone Mail App
- Open your Mail app and go to the Mailboxes screen.
- Scroll down to the folders area.
- Select the Junk folder.
- Find the email from messing-about Forums, email@example.com or Frank Hagan and slide it left to see options.
- Tap the More button.
- Tap the Mark button.
- Tap the Mark as Not Junk button.
- The message is moved to your Inbox. Subsequent email messages from messing-about Forums will no longer be marked as junk.
Outlook 2010 to 2016
These instructions are for Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 and Outlook Office 365.
- Open Outlook.
- On the Home tab, in the Delete group, click Junk.
- From the Junk drop-down list, select Junk E-mail Options.
- In the Junk E-mail Options dialog box, select the Safe Senders tab, then click Add.
- In the Add address or domain dialog box, enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also whitelist the messing-about.com domain.
- Click OK to close the Junk E-mail Options dialog box.
- Check your Junk folder for the email from messing-about Forums, email@example.com or Frank Hagan
- If found, click on Show Content to view the body of the email.
- Click Mark as Safe.
- We will be added to your Safe Senders list, and all future emails should go to your inbox.
If you can’t find the email at all, add messing-about Forums to your Safe Senders list:
- Click Settings.
- Click Options.
- In the left pane, choose Junk Email
- Select Safe Senders.
- In the box, enter firstname.lastname@example.org or messing-about.com.
- Select the Add button.
- Click Save.