To build a boat one must be a MASTER Sander LOL.   Must say your shop is looking a bit messy there today :)

Looking good Casey!!

I did the same as you have done with mine.... When I did my OB's keel I put a full length keel band on it from 25 x 5 316 SS flat bar and polished it up. If I was to do it again, I would have put a half round Dee mould type at least from the stem down to the forefoot. My flat bar tends to push some water forward in a following sea and ends up spraying it into the cockpit. (Not a lot but enough to annoy the crew!)

Trev

1338132979_launchday.thumb.jpg.d7001695390c736ac922abe54e1c92b7.jpg1072265708_keelband.thumb.jpg.07985e3031845335052b4500518f3ca5.jpg

5 hours ago, keen2buildagain said:

Looking good Casey!!

I did the same as you have done with mine.... When I did my OB's keel I put a full length keel band on it from 25 x 5 316 SS flat bar and polished it up. If I was to do it again, I would have put a half round Dee mould type at least from the stem down to the forefoot. My flat bar tends to push some water forward in a following sea and ends up spraying it into the cockpit. (Not a lot but enough to annoy the crew!)

Trev

1338132979_launchday.thumb.jpg.d7001695390c736ac922abe54e1c92b7.jpg1072265708_keelband.thumb.jpg.07985e3031845335052b4500518f3ca5.jpg

I did flick through your blog keen, you made a good job👍

ill be beaching my boat etc from time to time so it was a no brainer. Sure it looks nice sharpened, till it gets dented and you have to fix it! I wasnt to worried about speed or efficiency. Are you happy with the 70 tohatsu? Im looking at that option myself in new zealand. Hard to justify 13grand for a 4stroke when its 10 to 15kgs heavier and 10 less hp.

That looks good. I wish i had done the same on my marrisa. Like you said nice sharp bow untill dented..

I couldn't be more happy with the 70 Tohatsu 2 stroke, I can easily get 5 people and gear for a day on the water up and running with no problems and anyone having to move forward to get her to plane. At 4000 RPM I get 20-21 Knots and at full revs (5200) with 3 people on board just under 27 knots. 90% of the 20 foot boats I see on the water have motors on them 100 HP upwards! 

You shouldn't go wrong with (in my opinion) a 60 or 70HP, depending on your intended use of the boat.