Messabout

Doug Cameron

Steve, hundreds of fiberglass boats (my career). Several outboard race boats way back in my 20's. B&B boats: a Moccasin 1 canoe, 2-Moccasin 2 canoes, a Mini-paw, the first Princess 22, the first Outer Banks 20, the only CS-20 Mk-2, Turtler, and now, Summer Breeze CS-17 Mk-3. Whewww, I'm tired thinking about it...

Just got home from the Messabout!  We sure had a good time.  Good to put faces to names, see new old friends and do a bit of R&D!  Graham, Allen, Beth and the entire B&B crew really went all out to assure everybody had a great time!  Thanks to Bobbi and Randy for all they did with the "extras" .   Our 2 little dogs will be bored stiff for the next few days.  Carol an I are so pleased with the CS 20.3 design and the terrific support we received during the built of Southern Express!   We are looking forward to next year.  Graham did say he would build a special pier for the MK3 boats!

Jay, Hmmm, a second pier for the Mk-3 boats. Let's hold him to that. Do you have any witnesses?

Thanks for the sail on Southern Express. Certainly "pushed my button" to finish Summer Breeze. And I agree totally on the awesome job done by the B&B crew---especially Mandy the Super Dog. I'm looking forward to next year!

We have this thing called winter up here in NY. Which means I can focus on my cs20.3 now. Thanks for all the pictures and Jay, thank you for the phone call. I have decided to push for having her done for next messabout.....we'll see. Anyway I already put it on the calendar and I got almost ten hours in this week. Once the snow flies I'll really be able to focus.

Thanks for the shots and the commentary. I spoke to the fellow with the Ian lap planked hull and he said he had a blast and enjoyed the experience with the group. He did have to row all the way back across the river on Sunday with the lack of winds. I told him that this was a rare event when it does not blow a partial gale this time of year.  I was out of town but really enjoy going when I am free on the messabout weekend each year.