Boat Table is Complete (Slightly Off Topic)

Steve Day

Hi Everyone,

I have had this project completed for some time and have been waiting for the top glass. The glass arrived today and the table has been put into service (launched? ???).

You might recognize the boat from my cradle project a while back. The couple it was intended for did not want the cradle for some reason or other, so SWMBO "suggested" I make a coffee table out of it. The result was pretty good. That's why she is the brains around here.  ;)

Here are a few shots of the finished product:

Blessings to you all,

Steve

post-256-129497679935_thumb.jpg

post-256-129497680001_thumb.jpg

post-256-129497680076_thumb.jpg

Baby Eric is doing very well. He'll be 2 this January, so the boat has been sitting around for some time now.

As far as I can tell, he is being raised as a "landlubber." Too bad, we could have started him off right. ;)

Steve

I guess that's right ... my grandson Matthew is now three.  Can't believe it; time really does speed up on this side of life!

2 and 3?  Mine is 4 1/2 already.  Yes the time really passes fast.  It seems the older I get the faster it passes by.  they moved further away a few weeks back, so I don't see the little guy as often as I used to. :(

Ours are all the way across the country ... in New York state.  We have a webcam and Skype, so we can video conference for free (works great), although my daughter's computer crashed so their webcam needs to be reinstalled.

Actually, those bulls are mascots for the USS Bulkeley (DDG-84) that Gina made during the pre-christening. We presented one to the ship and kept two more for us (plus a few for key personnel involved in the christening).

It is a neat place to display them and remind us of the crew of the Bulkeley each and every day. Gina is one of the sponsors of the ship.

Steve

OK, fine.  Since you ALL CLEARLY have no idea what you're talking about, I worked up this video for all of you so you can go out and try it for yourself.  Now.. Understand that I did this spur of the moment, so bear with me.  And remember:  "If it has an udder, no need to shudder..." 

;D  ;D  ;D