It's 9:00 p.m., for the love of Pete...

Konrad

Are you watching live TV again, Konrad? 

I only watch pre-recorded stuff now; the DVR has definitely cut down on my TV time!

Go one step further- don't watch it at all :o

Wasn't it Groucho Marx who said... I find television very educational- every time someone turns it on I go and read a book.

Cheers

Peter HK

In my opinion the results are in and please foward comments to your local congressmen. We need a new drug czar to handle another war, a war on drugs. I think Konrad and I would agree that in this new push to provide medical care and access to good drugs in this country, drug should be rationed to seniors using the age clearly defined by AARP.  ;)

The only person or thing that they have not interviewed of the last known folks to see MJ are the maggots. Put the guy in the ground for sure. Geeshish, they are still going at it this am. I think this would be a good day for sanding.

We just recently moved, and we chose to cut the umbillical cord to pay/cable tv.

We're on rabbit ears network now.

And that's the best $50.00 per month which I savor most of all. 

;)

We do Netflix instead, and that's turned out to be pretty sweet with the new instant-view-over-the-internet feature.

I surely understand coverage of someone that did have some talent in the area of entertainment. But I became totally disgusted when the groupies rolled out Al and Jesse giving them more face time whining about the unfair coverage of his wacko tendancies. The very same doctors that prescribed the pills that enabled him to destroy themselves all are also attempting to both defend him and distance themselves too from the guy they help destroy. Think about something, how many people have full time 24/7 doctors going around with them for years.  

Just think if all three, Al, Jesse and MJ used there billions of resourses truely making a difference of the ones they claim to care about. I mean now we see people liing up to honor a druggie from the way it appears and enabled the early death. How demented for sure. Nuff here, now to more productive things,....

We just recently moved, and we chose to cut the umbillical cord to pay/cable tv.

We're on rabbit ears network now.

And that's the best $50.00 per month which I savor most of all. 

;)

We do Netflix instead, and that's turned out to be pretty sweet with the new instant-view-over-the-internet feature.

Are you using a Roku box to view it on your TV?

Frank,

I spent the big bucks and got a Samsung "Netflix Compatible" blue ray player.  I'm not a huge consumer-electronics guy, but I do like my Samsung TV and blue ray player.  It was pricey at $350.00 (from a local Best Buy).  But still only the same as half a year of cable TV.  And it plays what I want it to play (unlike cable tv).

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-P3600-1080p-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B001TK3D4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247138503&sr=8-1

I didn't have a simple means of plugging it into a DSL connection in my house, and that required a phone call to Samsung's customer support to get it to find my wireless router.  But they got me up and running the same night I opened the box, so I won't complain.  If a ham-fisted hack like me can get it going, anyone can.

That's right, Samsung has it available now on their BluRay players.  I guess some of the TVs have it now too (some of Sony's Bravia models, IIRC). When my tube TV finally dies, I'll spring for a large flat panel and being able to stream content to it makes so much more sense.

It's unlikely your old tv is ever gonna die.

Unlike new tv's.

This is my SECOND big screen tv in 4 1/2 years.

You know the saying:  They don't make them like they used to.

It's true.

I have an old 15 year old Sony in the basement, and it'll probably never die.

You'd get laughed out of the store if you asked someone if today's flat screens will last you 15 years.  :P

It's unlikely your old tv is ever gonna die.

Unlike new tv's.

This is my SECOND big screen tv in 4 1/2 years.

You know the saying:  They don't make them like they used to.

It's true.

I have an old 15 year old Sony in the basement, and it'll probably never die.

You'd get laughed out of the store if you asked someone if today's flat screens will last you 15 years.   :P

I do have one in the bedroom that is probably 15 years old.  I may have to hurry these along ... you know, euthanasia for electronics ...