A diversion while plotting to build boats;<}}[OT]

Oyster

I was scanning about the net and read this tidbit and thought I would share it with you guys since most seem to be in deep thought with yourselves. ;):P

I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped onto their belt or purse.

I can't afford one.

So, I'm wearing my garage door opener.

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people didn't like me anyway.

I was thinking that women should put pictures of missing husbands on beer cans!

I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is 'when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it.'

I thought about making a fitness movie, for folks my age, and call it "Pumping Rust."

I have gotten that dreaded furniture disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!

I know, when people see a cat's litter box, they always say,

"Oh, have you got a cat?"

Just once I want to say,

"No, it's for company!"

Employment application blanks always ask 'who is to be notified in case of an emergency.'

I think you should write, "A Good Doctor!"

Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office?

What are we supposed to do... write to these men?

Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them while they deliver the mail?

Or better yet, arrest them while they are taking their pictures!

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older. Then, it dawned on me, they were cramming for their finals.

As for me,

I'm just hoping God grades on the curve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I definitely need to get down to see you before the bugs come back.  I've got a friend moving back to NC in the beginning of March and we might try to celebrate the move with a Shackleford or Lookout camping trip...

The weather will clear and once again over the next few weekends may include this diversion. And YOU???

http://www.leebuck.blogspot.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Those guys are pretty salty to say the least. But I digress. I challenge those guys to a new model for extreme challenges, conquering the elements with my new model. ;)

I do need some suggestions on the types of  paint from the leading experts here on extreme boating in small craft,  ;)before I add the varnished rails to the new model. I think a couple of you guys also have some experience in this particular area.

post-1390-12949766685_thumb.jpg

post-1390-129497666859_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Who are you building the cradle for? New baby in the family?

We had to make a quick trip up to Va Bch to visit Gina's ailing mother and have not been doing much with the boats lately. Back at home and going to finish the Spindrift mods and get some boating in this week.

See you,

Steve

This one is for my new grandson expected to launch March 22, plus or minus. We may give you a call on the way through your area.

Please do!  I would love to see you. :)  I think you have my numbers, if not, e-mail me.

I guess I thought that boat was just a wee bit bigger than a cradle. :-[  That would make all water appear big now wouldn't it? LOL

Mike,

We should be here, unless we have to go up to Virginia Beach for Gina's mom.

If things go as planned, we will probably not go up there until well after Easter, but we just don't know what tomorrow will bring for Gina's mom.

You are most welcome to stop by and see us. We have a place to stay, if needed. If not, there is always food to be eaten.

Y'all come, y'hear!

Steve