Almost time to leave, so I'm taking time to sorta say so long

Laura left on July 13th on board Tehani, heading slowly eastward. I'll be delivering the boat sitting in front of the shop on next Saturday, then I'll be joining her aboard Tehani. We intend to cruise the Keys, then the Bahamas. Probably ( if it goes as planned) be gone until next summer (or longer-who knows)  ;)

Our online access will be pretty limited- her IPhone has internet, but typing is SLOW. We'll not be making many posts except when we find ourselves with WIFI availability. So I'll read this board now and again, but after this week will probably not post.

I'll be on here until this coming weekend at any rate.

WE WILL try to post updates occasionally on TSBB and Sailfar

Ya'll be safe and good sailing to all.

Fair winds to you and Laura. We will be following your journey. If you run into trouble or need any support, just shout.  Post news when you can.

Also, thanks for talking with me a few weeks ago to discuss building options. Graham just delivered my Lapwing plans and I'm about to get started. Your encouragement to build was well timed.

Send our best to Laura.

John and Tandy

Edmond

KMRmike- we'll try to get in touch- been in Port St Lucie before when I crossed the Och-=-=- canal.But Tehani sleeps two ;D

Joe- forget it- if I were to take on another boat, Laura would just keep sailing east - alone.  Stick a fork in me, I'm done :D I"m tired of working and really ready to go play.

Who is looking after your planes?

Joe

Laura's son will be living in, and keeping up  the house. He'll be paying the utilities and in lieu of rent, the homeowners insurance premium..Cheap for him, nice for us

The shop is on one side of the house. Laura's studio is on the other side

You guys have a great time, and don't hurt your faces with all the grinning ;) It was good seeing you this weekend. Wish we could have hung out longer, but as you know, had things to attend to. Tell Laura "hi" when you catch up with her. Maybe we'll see you in FL in a few months.

Pete B

Charlie,

Have fun on the trip. We are thinking about taking "Day's Dream" in that direction sometime soon. Possibly this coming winter.

If we get down there while you are still there, we'll try to find you.

Are you going across from Louisiana direct to Tampa, or are you going to Apalachicola and then to Tarpon Springs, or some other route?

Best of luck to you on the trip.

Steve & Gina

HI Steve- I"d love to meet up with you folks again- we enjoyed the visit at Pirates Cove.

We'll  be going through Mississippi Sound again- we're almost ordered to stop in Gulfport ( offered a free slip at the Yacht Club ;),. then stopping to visit an old friend in Passcagoula- we'd get shot for not stopping there. We'll probably anchor up in Lake Yazoo as usual. Then  we have two dinner offers in Pensacola.

So I expect we'll stay inshore til we hit "The missing link" then jump offshore for Tarpon Springs ( or Cedar Key)Last time I sailed that route was coming this way on our Cross 35 tri, and I had only my teenaged son aboard as crew so we did Tarpon-Cedar Key-Steinhatchee River-Carrabelle.I suspect with Laura aboard we'll be skipping Steinhatchee.

Looks like I'll be joining Tehani in Orange Texas on Sunday ;D ;D Getting antsy to go

Charlie,

If you can, let me know when you will be coming through the Mobile area. We should be able to join you somewhere between Pascagoula and Pensacola for a while. If we are able and you are willing, we will join y'all for some sailing and/or "hook" time. Tehani and Day's Dream would likely raft together very well for an evening.

Send an e-mail directly to me at steveginaday@bellsouth.net or call me at 251-421-1847 when you can narrow down the time you'll be passing through.

We enjoyed our time together at Pirate's Cove and would like to spend a little time with y'all as you pass through on your "Great Adventure."

Steve & Gina