Waste Knot 14'

"The honeydos meant the folks, with list of projects in hand, that go down to the big orange stores and look for the absolutely perfectly straight pieces, paying full prices for such, with their wives, and with project book in hand, and then go home and cut up the perfectly straight and clean boards up into pieces, nailing them together, and painting them all pretty while the wife is impressed with such admiration.. :lol: "

yup, we sure do, then we sit back and have a beer, while ya' all are still trying to find that just right piece of wood in your huge stack that ya had to build its own building for, so you can even START the project. :P Whilst said wife rubs our back cause we did such a good job :wink:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well' date=' it is all starting to sound like it is none of my business! :lol::lol::lol:

as neither a honey or a honey doer....i can see from what point i got confused...

nap time ~~~~

a.[/quote']

Heck both of us have marveled at your workmanship, and especially the bandsaw work. She lurks over my shoulder and enjoys reading, but is timid with forums.

It was all in fun, with the real meaning except the best laid plans of mice and men can still be had in a pile of junk, too. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oyster et el - Just play'en, I actually am jealous of the way you and so many of the folks here are actual woodworkers, as opposed to a builder like me. You all are true artists. :D

Sometimes my attempts at humor are hard to figure out :roll:

peace

Oyster, your boy has had an education that no school can provide. Best of all, it sounds as though he has the spirit to take in what he sees and learn from it. That's going to serve him all his life. You tell him we're thinking of him on the 4th.

No problem, Stump. I come from the same school of comedy. :wink: Thanks Jo, and remember Mike Donlin's son, and thanks, also, to Jan's son, and all that have gone, without names listed here, in the past.

You tell him we're thinking of him on the 4th.

Johannah,

By the way, have you gone down to Penn's Landing and seen the tall ships? I stopped by today after work (this was my first week). Unfortunatly I was too late to go on them but there is a gorgeous schooner there and maybe 3 or 4 Brigantines (one was a Portuguese relic from the days of working sail, making voyages to the Grand Banks for Cod, the rest are Polish). There looked to be maybe 4 more over in Camden. Not as many as I had hoped to see but interesting none the less. I don't get to see anything like that in Allentown. I also found the West Marine mentioned in an earlier conversation and used it.

Oyster' date=' your boy has had an education that no school can provide. Best of all, it sounds as though he has the spirit to take in what he sees and learn from it. That's going to serve him all his life. You tell him we're thinking of him on the 4th.[/quote']

With our international friend's indulgence, I'd like to invite Americans of all political persuasions to visit a site with some good news this weekend, http://www.operationiraqichildren.org, started by actor Gary Sinese (Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump) and author Laura Hildenbrann ("Seabiscuit"). A good cause that everyone should be able to agree on, with efforts by some pretty good people we should be proud of.

Thanks Frank. Education is the key to breaking any dark cycle that has existed both here and all over the world. Our troops are seeing it first hand for sure.

Education is a good thing, but so is the contact between our kids and their kids.

Its hard to see someone as the Great Satan when they are just Tommy or Emily, their friend in America. Its also hard to see THEM as rabid fundamentalists once you see the kids lined up to get their zip-lock bag of school supplies.

update time. I have it ready for rigging. I also put in a centerboard. I made it just a simple wooden workboat finish with just primer and will use a satin paint on top of it.

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

I have made it to row, and some sailing, but it will mainly be used with a modifed electric motor rig up in the issolated areas of the bird santurary. I don't have the back seat in it yet.

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Oyster,

Shaun doesn't mind as bad as I do! His has quite the "family" among his tanker buddys.

So what kind of electric motor set-up are you using. Before I found the weekender , I bought a video to an "electric boat " from Glen-l. I has a modified trolling motor built right in.

I almost built that instead, but decided I wanted to learn to sail.

We will be using a shortened version, our shortened version, of the trolling motor. I do not like the rigid type of the lower unit, as I will be using it in shallow water, and do not want the huge arm, that comes with most trolling motors. We will also be using the gel type battery.

HEHE, now ain't that just too funny. :lol: A set of KISS plans????? The bow takes a spanish windlass, The spreader in the center is ??? and the stern is, well what kind of boat do you want??? :wink: It rained today, so it did not hit the water. So tommorrow is the day for water test, and then rigging of the things that you wrap the ropes around, holes for the ropes to hold the boat to the tree stump, and well, just about anything else that I find that ain't just right, then I will just have to start another one to change all those imperfections found in this one. :P