North Texas Short Shot FROG

bylawren

Well, FROG via SWMBO (she who must be obeyed...) since she'll be the primary paddler. (Currently weight, without coaming or skin, is about 19.5 lbs.) I am very happy with the way the tung oil darkened the western red cedar gunwales and stringers.

The next steps will be skinning and painting. I was thinking about the ZAR oil based urethane for an amber/clear look; however, my wife would like yellow for safety/visibility. Any thoughts or recommendations on getting white Rustoleum tinted bright yellow?

post-5560-0-44845400-1468968235_thumb.jpg

post-5560-0-01199200-1468968267_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If you have a Benjamin Moore around, their Aura exterior can be bought in Quart sizes, in semi gloss, low lustre, satin, flat and in pretty much any color imaginable.  It's waterbased. 

Here is something to keep in mind. Gloss paint is the hardest finish, semi glosses and flats are softer and more prone to marking and rubbing though. They are also more porous.  I painted a boat with semi-gloss and after a couple of years it started to seep water through the skin so I had to repaint and I went with gloss this time.