Float bags are discontinued

Kudzu

Effective today we are no longer making Float Bags. I still highly recommend them. As far as safety goes they are second only to a PFD.

Short version is I have invest a lot of money in a roll of fabric and it takes me over 2 years to use that roll fabric. It is just a very poor return on investment.  Buying  fabric in small quantities is almost double the price. That would mean I would have raise prices to well over $100 a set. While I think it well worth it for the safety they provide obviously the majority of builders see no value in them at the current price. 

I could offer then as a Special Order item? I would have to order fabric as needed. It would take longer to turn the order around. That is about the only option to keep them available but questionable if it is worth the effort and time. 

For those looking for alternative suppliers, here is my experience. In the stern of my Ravenswood, I have a Spirit Line Greenland float bag (shop.skinboats.com). In the bow, I have an NRS stern (yes, that's right) split kayak float bag (nrs.com). Note that Spirit Line also makes full sets. For safety, remember to install bags that fill as much of your boat as practical.

• 3 weeks later...

They made money, they just tied up to much cash for too long since I had to buy 100 yds of fabric at a time.  Still looking for alternatives but not had any luck buying smaller quantities at reasonable prices.

Buying fabric retail I would have to raise prices to $120 a set.

• 1 month later...