Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

splicing wire

Recommended Posts

I have spliced ends in ss wire to form eyes using a die to compress the swages as in a plumber's flaring tool.

these flaring tools have a range of hole sizes for different copper pipe

dimensions - so bang in your copper swage and screw up the vice

voila ze job is done !!!!

with luck


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's actually a flaring tool, used to flare the ends of copper tubing to make a compression joint.

There is a tool that looks quite similar, it's called a swaging tool.  West Marine carries a couple.


The difference between the flaring tool and the swaging tool is that the bolts are right next to the item being swaged rather than out at the ends.  Much less bend in the steel pieces this way.  Dave Cannell

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You do realize that the swage is intended to be compressed to a specific diameter and that over compression will fatigue it.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

 VigLink badge

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.