The "one" rule?

Greg Luckett

I certainly can't think of a time when you've violated the One Rule! Most people here haven't, even when they disagree on something.

I think everyone here does a great job of remembering to "be nice." Its one of those simple things, but its sometimes hard when you are in the thick of debate on political, religious or other issues like that. But even when those things come up, most everyone tries to keep to the issue and not attack anyone personally.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It kind of borrows from Robert Fulgham's "Everything We Need to Know We Learned In Kindergarten", except I think he had 5 or 6 rules. They were things like "Watch out for each other as you cross the street", "Say please and thank you", and the things you would expect a 5 year old to have learned.

There are plenty of "wild and woolly" places to go where you can exercise your "rapier wit" and still countless others where you can argue. So why not have one without a lot of rules, except that we have to act like 5 year olds are expected to act?