Adding vertical wood blocks at stringers/bulkheads ???

striperick

At a point where I will be glassing the inside of the OB20

Think I seen on Miyots boat  he added wood vertical blocks between the stringers and bulkheads. 

He then fileted  both corners.  This will definitely double the epoxy required for the vertical fillets. 

I do not have pictures of the Stringer construction  on the OB picture cd.

The drawings as best as I can tell specify 1/2" fillet.

Are the wood vertical pieces overkill? 

If it is usefull to add wood ......  what would be a good species for this ?  Southern yellow pine ? Cedar?  i have some small pieces of mahogany around? Thanks 

You can fillet or fit vertical wood triangles at the bottom stringer frame/ bulkhead intersection. Wood is quicker and just as strong as long as you do a good job and have tight glue lines. I often see gaps in the glue lines which reduces it's effectiveness and creates a path for water ingress. There should be no need to re-fillet the joint if the corner is smooth and gap free.