Weekender real plans

Elias

Two days ago I went to my national authority for ports and sea navigation to get permission to begin to build the weekender. For my surprise I was told that I should have a set of technical plans and data, two axes views one or more section of the hull. I think they meant those made with the Auto Cad software. I do know where to find them, so I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to build that beautiful boat. Can anyone help me.

Hi Elias,

Traditional lines and hull drawings aren't available for the Weekender. It is a boat design that first appeared in Popular Science magazine for building by amateurs, in their garages and back yards. The plans are really presented in a "work book" of individual drawings and a lot of text explaining how to build it.

You might check with your authorities and see if there is any provision for home built boats which do not have traditional plans. In some areas, boats you build only for yourself qualify, or boats under a certain length. If the Weekender's 15' 6" length is still too long, the Stevenson's have a similar looking boat called the Skipjack which is smaller.

What country are you in? Perhaps someone here knows how to navigate through the process.

Phil Gowens has done some hullform drawings of the Weekender.

They include a side view, topview and station form drawings.

He posts on the BYYB Forum primarily. His website link to the drawings is:

http://www.pragdata.com/philboat/PlanWE.html

He provides the drawings in a little clearer format with a link to Adobe Acrobat to view them. They could be printed out and this may satisfy the authorities. They are not meant for a marine architect but then this is a small boat designed for the home builder not for commercial production.

I hope this will help Elias.

Thank you all for your support but I have already clarified with the authorities and since the boat is shorter than 5 meters 17 ' excluding de bowsprit I just have to ask for un inspection halfaway of the building process and in the end to register that's all. i'll send news soon

yours

Jose Elias