Too much weather helm

Mike Pennington

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a nice visit, thanks for your home link Tim.

I wonder if anyone has the center board design / or was it a dagger board, from the older version of the Weekender plans?

This is the route of the jib sheets and furling line. The paint on the porthole rims is my Wife's way of telling me she wants them painted :roll: But I made them from acx and they are checking bad. Splinter Hazard. I get to remake them from scrap marine ply this winter. Truely, is there really such a thing as scrap marine ply?

Line%20route.JPG?dc=4675485703794925508

Up forward you can see my lil' mad at the bow, I can sit or stand out there to get to the forward stay. Any trouble with that furler, I can get there.

Thanks Ray,

I was curious how that was set up. The keel definately slows up coming about on a tack. I'm used to the Cal 30 and the Star, the Vacationer is totally different.

I suppose all full keel boats are like this, I'll keep that in mind when I choose my next boat to build.

Mike

Very informative, Ray, of coarse most of your posts are. :wink:

I have been sailing despite the bad forest fires that are surrounding us this summer. I have had a taste of a different kind of fog. Smoke so thick you can't see across the lake, or very far ahead for that mater.

I have been reminded how easy it is easy to loose your bearings, so I'm adding an instrument board to my to do list for the Vacationer. Hopefully this winter I will aquire some goodies.

A compass is number one on that list, anything fancier I can always switch over to my next boat. :roll: