Ground Hogs Day OT

Pat Mellema

Barry

I had a call this afternoon from my doughter asking me if the ground hog saw his shadow this morning. She was taking my grandchildern to school and was asked by my granddoughter if the ground hog saw his shadow this morning so she called me knowing I have the radio on all morning to ask the question. Did the ground hog see his shadow? :D . I asked what differance it made out in Hawaii as that is where they are stationed. She said it makes a differance in the amount of rain they see out there. They say spring is right around the corner or they will have 6 more weeks of rain. I felt bad telling my doughter that I had about 3' of snow around my boatand didn't think it would melt for another 2 months where I could get the boat out.

Pat,

It's the pits here, 81 degrees wind out of the East at 10-20, high surf warnings. Same tomorrow and Wed. Possibility of more clouds on Thurs and Fri. and maybe only 80 degrees. But we put up with it. :lol:

We're heading for Molikai to see some friends and maybe get in some sailing. Should be back this weekend to see more of the same. 8)

My daughter said it is in the 40's and raining with lots of snow in the mountains back home. Some flooding but the spring flowers are starting to pop up already in her yard.

But I can remember all to well spending days trying to get home to Detroit from the UP in the winter. And being stuck in Grand Rapids with ice all over the place for several days one time. That was in late Feb I think.

Good time to be making fenders and seat cushions etc. by the fireplace. :wink: