"Harley 8" one sheet boat

bdann

well i took my lil boat out today i got some big winds.kinda scared me when i was in a big reach and the big winds hit my lil boat took off like a rocket.i was very happy with her...it took me some time to get use to sailing i found it hard to get out of the irons, but with lite winds she tacked great.i didnt have the guts to try comen about in the high winds...any tips people on

post-2245-129497703602_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

looks good man where did you find the plans for the fly one? ive heard of it before never seen a pic of it.i want to build more boats but i cant make up my mind on which one to build next.im thinking about the puddel duck racer,or the summer time .they both look kewl. but i want to build one that can hold more wait the harley 8 holds me and my son. which is about 210 lbs.and im very pleased with the way she handels expt for her small rudder im going to make a lil bigger one for lil bob.i found it hard to turn when tacking with the small rudder.........

Thanks Pepe...unfortunately I have some unpleasant news. If you paid for 3 D Boat Design...you got ripped off. Someone took Freeship and changed the splash screen and is selling it as their own. I know the author of Freeship and Delftship and he has decompiled 3 D boat design and it is exactly the same as his own original source code. The guy keeps popping up on BoatDesign.net and trying to push it off as his own. He doesn't get far with me and the author both forum members. Try downloading Free!Ship and see if it isn't the same thing. Good Luck with your version of the PD.

http://download.cnet.com/Freeship/3000-6677_4-10558861.html

My brogram is not boat building cad  ( it is parametric 3d cad )

I have downloaded hulform ( if I remenber right ) But havent install it yet.

I Also have freeship, but I have tried it couble times, but havent learnet at all. Is there good tutorials anywhere?

Perttu

• 1 month later...

I built one for the Church's Vacation Bible school, they needed a "row boat" for their "swamp theme" so I saw the plans for the Harley 8, and since I had a sheet of ply (just waiting for something to do with it) I built it. BUT I used another 1/8 sheet of ply for the transom (12" X 4') not to plans...

Painted it pea green (owl and pussy cat poem) and lines to look like it was built with boards, and it was a great prop.

I've added the lee board and the rudder (both to the free plans).

I started on the mast (not to plans) using a 2"X2" cut off from a 2"X12" BUT when I was 80% done I discovered a crack in middle of it...

I haven't finished the boat yet, BUT I will during the "COLD WHITE TIME" in Vermont, USA (winter).

Here is a picture of it in a link to my Flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41863123@N07/3859717958/#in/set-72157624093713897/

Will POST again when she's finished.

In the mean time I built a PDRacer (which is now called an OZ Racer) "a long story about the name -- won't go into it"

Here are some videos of the boat I was building the at the same time I was building the Harley 8:

Topbarhive