Yikes! +28 degrees overnight!

Gordy Hill

This is the first freeze we've had in over ten years. We used to get a couple a year.

There seems to be global warming only where temperatures have been recorded for the last one or two hundred years or so. Who knows about the rest of the planet? There COULD be places where it's not evident.

Ok' date=' now it's really cold in the south. How do the phony greens explain this as global warming? Could it be their science is based of faulty data? I am just a country boy but I know what a barnyard smells like! :lol:[/quote']

I asked one here the same thing, and there's actually a pretty detailed answer. Has to do with the same thing, as it affects global weather patterns both directions. Yeah. Could be, I'm no scientist. But then, neither are most of the greens.

I have a problem with most of what they say (I'm old enough to remember the Time Magazine article about the coming Ice Age because of our destruction of the rain forest, or something like that). Public policy should not be made on the basis of a "manufactured crisis" just because the media likes to report on the weird, unusual and scary. We have to remember our heritage, and that we tend toward hysteria ... and I'm not just talking about the Salem trials ... but also prohibition, eugenics and forced sterilization, our current anti-smoking laws, the landfill crisis, the health insurance crisis, the on-again-off-again homeless crisis. (In a related story, now that our silicone breast implant hysteria is over, silicone can once again be used for breast augmentation and restoration. That may not be big news in other parts of the country, but here in California ...)

oops, sorry about the diatribe. :oops: I'll be good from now on.

I'm all for climate warming !

As Long as Ray and his crew keep sending Nova Scotia all that sub-human freezing weather, I'm gonna commence promoting GLOBAL WARMING big time !

Starting this weekend, I'm adding 4 or 5 quarts / litres of used oil to my gas tank, leave the car running ALL NITE LONG, buy a bunch of used fridges ,free the Freon to the air and buy a ton of dirty poor grade coal and set it afire in the back yard !

That ought to help the climate warming process !