Enlarging Text in the Forums (Firefox Browser does it)

Frank Hagan

Looks like the new version of Firefox fully supports enlarging text on a web page using the CTRL key and scroll wheel on a PC mouse, or CTRL plus the "+" sign.

Microsoft's Internet Explorer does not enlarge text consistently, and won't work with our forums. If you need the text larger, try using Firefox's newest browser, version 1.5 as of this writing. Its free, at http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

I'm using it now too, but on a trial basis. So far, I like that it is as fast as my optimized IE (and maybe even faster). It also supports quite a few 'extensions', but so much of the Open Source stuff is junk ... written and then abandoned by the authors ... that I'm being very particluar about adding in any of the extensions.

How do I get Firefox to size to my screen without having to manually zoom it every time the screen is changed?

I am not sure ... I don't have it on my work laptop ... but I think there's a setting either in the View menu or in Tools * Options that will set the text size to a certain size.

Yeah, I played with those settings too. Odd thing is that it is not doing it now. I will keep playing with it....maybe just on certain websites...something to do with the coding and how it reacts to the browser.

Thanks anyway Frank. Isn't it a little after 7PM there now? Working late again? :)