12' Moccasin in the rough

beachbum

Here are some pics of the progress of my 12' Moccasin. In December I posted pics of the 15 footer, and I am currently preparring to glue the gunwales on it. This 12 footer is almost ready to have the seems taped. I just pulled the zip ties out. It's rough, but it's always darkest before the dawn. I will post more after I clean it up a bit and tape the seems.

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Really looking good. Please keep the pictures of your progress coming. I want to build the 15 foot one, hopefully this summer. Nice bike there too. Had to get that in the picture just to make us drool didn't you! :lol:

If you don't mind could you give me a ball park figure on how much it cost you to build the 15 foot one?

Thanks for the compliment, Doug. The bike is in the pic due to the fact, like most others, I am building my boat in a two car garage. I love that bike, but wheeling the 750lb monster in and out of the garage can be a bit of a pain. It's all worth it in the end, though. The wife also parks her jeep in there. But, it's a little easier to move in and out.

As far as cost, I haven't finished yet, but I think it will cost somewhere in the neighborhood, of $300 for the first one. By that I mean if you don't already have some of the supplies laying around and this is not counting any tools you might find useful in the process. You can save considerably if you already have some epoxy and some of the wood, but don't try to cut corners to much.

Let me know when you start to build. I will be glad to share some of the mistakes I have made and some of the guidance that Graham has given me in the classroom. I don't read the forum on a regular basis sometimes, so feel free to email me.