CS17 Trailer

Bill Heil

I am posting this in case anyone is interested in a relatively cheap trailer. i had a utility trailer from harbor freight. i didn't want to own another trailer and this one is hinged, so it will pivot the boat toward the water. I thought maybe I could launch the boat without submerging the trailer and it seems to work pretty well. I did extend the tongue a bit. Bought a winch stand from a trailer supply and used an old winch I had around. I intend to keep my boat in the water a lot of the time, so it won't be stored on the trailer and I'll have use of the trailer for other things. The disadvantage is that the trailer is not galvanized, so we'll se how long it lasts/ how much maintenance it requires. Cheers Bill

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

I bought some polyethelene strips and put them on bunkboards for a small outboard I had. They are the slickest thing you ever saw. When you are ready to launch, the boat would slip right off the trailer. You had to be at the right place when you disconnected the winch line, 'cause the boat was coming off! West Marine has these, but I bought mine at a local boating store.