Questions to BJ 25.5

CheersToni

Hi there,

I´m new here and interested in the BJ 25.5 Design, so i have a few questions..

1. How big is the range (apr.) of the fuel-tank with the proposed engine (60-70 HP)

2. Are the plans available with metric units?

3. How to get the plans? Didn´t find a place on the homepage to buy them :)

Thanks for answers and sorry for (maybe) bad english, it´s a foreign language for me :)

greets, Toni 

Hi there,

I´m new here and interested in the BJ 25.5 Design, so i have a few questions..

1. How big is the range (apr.) of the fuel-tank with the proposed engine (60-70 HP)

That depends on a lot of things like the size of tank, speed and the amount of stuff you load into the boat for cruising.  With a custom aluminum tank, you could fit 50 gal under the cockpit sole.   My cruises on the 24' LIZ usually work out to about 7miles per gallon.  A current BJ28 after almost 6,000 miles on the great loop is averaging about 4 MPG with a Yamaha 90 and a pretty heavily loaded boat.

2. Are the plans available with metric units?

No, I do not offer plans in metric but boats have been built in metric countries and I have built to metric plans so it's not a big deal.

3. How to get the plans? Didn´t find a place on the homepage to buy them :)

Look on homepage under "Info"

Thanks for answers and sorry for (maybe) bad english, it´s a foreign language for me :)

Where are you foreign?

greets, Toni 

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answers, this helps me to be sure I buy the right plans  :) 
The viewed range fits very well with my notions, and converting into metric measurement should also be no problem.

I saw the plan-list under "Info", but where can i order them ? (should i send a e-mail? how to pay?)

cheers, Toni

PS: I´m from Austria (EU)

Yes, Austria, not Australia.  
We have snow & the mountains, they have the kangaroos & some Bluejackets..  :D

Time to build one in europe i think. Would be very suitable for rivers (as Danube River) and the adriatic coast.

I now can see the adress & methods of Payment, just have to look how to make a "bank/postal money order" from here  :huh: 
Thats no standard procedure here in europe, normally i need a bank-account number to transfer the money, don´t know yet how to send it on a postal adress. 
However, i think we will find a way that i get the plans and you get your money, i will send a email.

cheers, Toni

Hey Tom,

Toni is in Austria - I'm in Australia. :) I hope to see that Perth Bluejacket on the Swan River some day.

My only excuse, and not a very good one, is that it was late and my eyes got tired and added a non existent extension to Austria.  Bluejackets are probably not very good at mountain climbing but would undoubtedly slush downhill well in the snow.  That is, if global warming hasn't hit too hard in Austria.  Bluejackets would be perfect on rivers like the Blue Danube though. https://www.facebook.com/vesseldede

• Like 1

You'll need more... ;)

Thats for sure, but i take a few at every shopping session, so it don´t look that much :)

Cheers Toni.. Be sure to check out the Builders Photo Blogs that several builders have posted .. The links are on Tom's web site. Good information there. Good luck on your build. It was great fun. And be sure to ask questions here.

Henry

De De

yup, i've read them all. Great to see the pictures with descriptions, and it provides an general overview of how much work it will be.

greets and merry christmas to everyone here,

Toni

• 8 years later...