Floatation

J.E.D.

Of the six float bags only one is losing a little air but that is only noticeable after two or three days.

If you find where it is leaking let me know what it is. I expect them to leak down over time but the ones I have made for myself don't leak down anywhere near that fast so I am really curious. Of course I stand behind them too.

I am currently building a SOF Disko Bay kayak using the fuselage construction method.

I intended to use closed cell marine flotation sheet for flotation but when I went to buy it I was staggered by it's relatively high weight.

I now intend to place a 'Sea to Summit Ultra -Sil Dry Sack'  in each end of the kayak before the skin is fastened on. 

The bags will be filled with pieces of light weight polystyrene so that the bags are stopped from collapsing.

Any penetration of water into the bag would be very small and the polystyrene will also contribute to the flotation effect.