Hey! Where did everybody go?

Guest P.

I have been gone for a while due to unforseen "issues" in my life. What happened -- who scared everybody off? Anyway, trying to figure out how to put more sail on a buck board from the old Glen L series. Any ideas? P.

egomaniac54@hotmail.com

Guest Frank Hagan, Weekender, O

Well, summer came, and everyone is sailing! Or working like a dog on their boat now that the weather is cooperating. I'm sure by the time the first cold snap comes we'll see some more activity in here regarding "design." I am also working on (slowly, very slowly) a way to post pics or drawings of designs.

fshagan@ev1.net

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Paul J [Aberdeen Wa]

Don't know about everyone sailing, but lots of people have lost interest that's for sure. Maybe it will pick up some over the winter, but then again maybe it won't. I know I am losing interest, don't see much sense in talking if no one wants to join in the conversation. Which no one is.

I think it may be all the talk of war these days that is putting a damper on things.

Later.

paul@ultasail.com

• 3 weeks later...

Might help if we set the parameters again for a specific design (like we had before) and do a bit of advertising (rec.boats.building and on the Main Forum). Other discussions could crop up, and that would be OK, but at least we would have one thread talking about that under 18' sloop (or whatever it was we were talking about!)

fshagan@ev1.net

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Graeme

Re: Working on a way to post pics easier ....... Way to Go ! That'll ensure more pics, hence more viewers, thus morepics, then ....... well you get the pic ! ( no pun intended ):D

graeme.realtor@ns.sympatico.ca

Guest Graeme " SNUPI&a

Hi Frank,

I think this "Designer" site is a GREAT IDEA ! I'm building a highly modified Weekender and would love to contribute the results of many hours on the drafting board and similar time on the "Moaning Stool" figuring out how to make the mods work !

SNUPI's a 118% Weekender with a modified Tanzer 22 styled cabin. I'm getting the "V"berth and sliding, out of the lower level of the forward hold) head setup built. I want to get as much of the cabin interior done before I put the sides & roof on. It's a lot easier working that way.

The cockpit features a "U" shaped seat with "Binnacle" steering, VHF, GPS & compass mounted.

Yup, SNUPI's different !

Graeme, Nova Scotia

graeme.realtor@ns.sympatico.ca

Sounds great, Graeme! One of the Weekender's weak points (no pun intended) is the lack of space back where the helmsman must sit. With a larger cockpit, and binnacle steering, it might make for a more comfortable ride (not that I mind mine so much now ... but it is a minor complaint).

So how long is your 118% Weekender overall?

fshagan@ev1.net

• 4 weeks later...

: I have been gone for a while due to unforseen

: "issues" in my life. What happened

: -- who scared everybody off? Anyway, trying

: to figure out how to put more sail on a buck

: board from the old Glen L series. Any ideas?

: P.

Well, I have been following these links for a while now, I have been building my Weekender here in Australia where we are just coming into warmer weather, (have made a few unintentional modifications which look pretty good - but nothing as radical as Snupi)so I guess we are still out here

felvus@felcon.com.au

I suspect we'll get some more action as winter sets in up here ... and people are no longer sailing and its too cold to build ... then they want to talk about design issues a bit.

fshagan@ev1.net