Ocracoke 256 #3

Guest Chris Beebe

Chris....Thanks for taking the time to show me your current projects and discussing boat building in general. The 256 is out of my league but I would love to have it none the less. I am already looking forward to bringing my better half by in the hopes that she will catch the Ocracoke 20 bug too.

We talked about it , And decided to totally seal it in. Except for the two access hatches.

I can't decide for mine.  Drain to the center, drain to the hull or keep isolated.  I believe I will at least drain to the center compartments then maybe forward to the hull.  May even go crazy and add brass tubes so I can plug them.

So your build is getting a single engine.

No it is a twin set up. We are using twin Suzuki 175 HP with electronic controls. Same weight as the 150's almost same fuel burn but extra 50 hp for the added weight and features of this boat.

Ah, I went back and found the holes cut in the bracket stringers to reach the outboard bolts.  Now I get it.

You may see a couple extra ponies on the back of mine too.