Ocracoke 256 #3

Guest Chris Beebe

Not yet on picking the boat. We have a 170 Montauk Boston Whaler that we bought new back in 2004 and we want to see how suitable it is in the Charleston area. We did live on the Albemarle Sound and the afternoons mostly pounded us but good with the SW winds. Waters here afford more protection so maybe we are armed with the proper boat. Gotta see how things go and decide what to do this winter. 

Maybe someone out there can shed some light on how or boat will do. 

Chris,

I am building an Ocracoke 24 ( see "Ocracoke 24, Lucky #13" thread) and am planning the interior finish. What type of foam board (thickness, density, etc) did you use for planking the interior? I was planning ply over the ribs but structural foam seems like a much better idea. I assumed that you glassed over afterwards? Beautiful boat, can't wait to see her on Charleston harbor.

Any advice appreciated

Thx, John McFadden

Mt Pleasant, SC

Guest Chris Beebe

Hi Adios I used Divinycell foam.I get it from Paxton. I buy in bulk so I get pretty good prices . I am on James Island,If you need some give me a call or stop by the shop.Your boat is looking good, nice job:D