Action Tiger builds sailboat. With epoxy!

Action Tiger

Oaracle is the yardstick, And Gary’s adventures have informed a few of my choices.

Thank You For The reminder and gentle nudge. :)

We have been beset by a few tragedies in the family, though, and everything has been on total hold in my world for some time.

Peace,

Robert

I'm sorry to hear of your family tragedies. They seem to put boats in the proper perspective.Family is what's important. I hope that things get better soon for you and your family. Meanwhile, we all miss hearing of your latest boat building adventures. Hurry back as soon as you can, and, may God bless!

What the hay.

On Memorial Day, a lifelong friend took his own.

Then, two Sundays ago, my children’s life long friend was gunned down in an attempted robbery. He was shot in the back of the head.

Old Goofy Robert is  kinked up tight, y’all. Boats just seem pretty frivolous, right now.

Thankfully, I have all y’all to pull me through, and shove me along. I reflect on all the coulda should wouldas in life, and realize I need to.

Peace,

Robert

I think Moby Dick is the only book I've read that has an entire chapter devoted to a color (white).  Other than that I really enjoyed the book.  It seemed to me to be more of a text book on whaling with the occasional foray into Victorian morals.  Who wouldn't gravitate to that? after all, we're a bunch of people who sand things for fun! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Oy!

Sorry, you lot. The past few months have sucked the life out of me, but I’m better. Sorta.

Plus, I also got a spate of real work, which is nice. There is a pic attached of something I’m making. 3/16” pine boards gotten out from the tree by hand. Chop, split, plane, (hand)saw, chisel, file, scrape.

And, we’re in the midst of a 30 day stretch of 100f plus temps, with overnights in the 70-80s. This is not brilliant epoxy weather. Haha.

Lately, though, it’s the fire. There is a BIG one close by, and we’ve already helped a few friends evacuate.

But! Just yesterday I shaped the forward end of the rubrails a bit, and got out the rudder blade and leeboard for sanding today. They’re getting faired, and paint prepped.

Peace,

Robert

P.S. I have been eking out a model of the body style I intend to use for the pedal car. Yes, I have many irons in the fire.

Shoot,  this ain’t even mentioned all the softball daughter’s been playing. You know, in softball when a girl hits a homerun, they give it to the folks? I got two, so far this summer...

6ED72517-22E4-4B38-8641-691EAE00F093.jpeg

8D1E1F29-4767-45FE-9169-AC8F38D119CC.jpeg

Just now, Action Tiger said:

Oy!

Sorry, you lot. The past few months have sucked the life out of me, but I’m better. Sorta.

Plus, I also got a spate of real work, which is nice. There is a pic attached of something I’m making. 3/16” pine boards gotten out from the tree by hand. Chop, split, plane, (hand)saw, chisel, file, scrape.

And, we’re in the midst of a 30 day stretch of 100f plus temps, with overnights in the 70-80s. This is not brilliant epoxy weather. Haha.

Lately, though, it’s the fire. There is a BIG one close by, and we’ve already helped a few friends evacuate.

But! Just yesterday I shaped the forward end of the rubrails a bit, and got out the rudder blade and leeboard for sanding today. They’re getting faired, and paint prepped.

Peace,

Robert

P.S. I have been eking out a model of the body style I intend to use for the pedal car. Yes, I have many irons in the fire.

Shoot,  I ain’t even mentioned all the softball daughter’s been playing. You know, in softball when a girl hits a homerun, they give it to the folks? I got two, so far this summer...

6ED72517-22E4-4B38-8641-691EAE00F093.jpeg

8D1E1F29-4767-45FE-9169-AC8F38D119CC.jpeg