CenturyLink Customers Can't Reach messing-about.com

Frank Hagan

It appears one ISP has a mis-configuration or something ... none of the customers from CenturyLink in the southeast US can reach the site.

If you know one of these people, tell them to complain to CenturyLink and have them unblock our IP address (or correct their DNS information). The IP address for messing-about.com is 69.85.95.129

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They have done this before; I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I think they get outdated or corrupt "domain name system" (DNS) files and then can't reach significant portions of the Internet. I frequent a web hosting forum and there are a few posts about them. They never admit fault, always blame others, but they are the only ones having the problem. 

Thanks - I appreciate that!

I have a huge project coming up because this version of the software is "end of life". Updating to the next version won't cost me anything extra, but it's an entirely new codebase so it is more complex than the usual upgrade. I hope to get that started in the next few weeks. 

Thanks Frank for keeping this great forum going!!! I agree with Action Tiger: "Frank, I rarely have ANY idea what you're talking about  :),but I appreciate how easy this forum is to use, and I can't imagine how much of a nightmare it can be to keep operating."

The software makes all the difference; it really does handle the spammers well. It also helped when I went to my own "virtual" server instead of shared hosting where I can tweak the webserver so the forum software can do it's job without a lot of limitations.

Thanks Frank for keeping this great forum going!!! I agree with Action Tiger: "Frank, I rarely have ANY idea what you're talking about  :),but I appreciate how easy this forum is to use, and I can't imagine how much of a nightmare it can be to keep operating."

The software makes all the difference; it really does handle the spammers well. It also helped when I went to my own "virtual" server instead of shared hosting where I can tweak the webserver so the forum software can do it's job without a lot of limitations.

All the best admins blame it on the software, I bet you have something to do with it Frank.  I get my news on the internet on a regular basis, and I come here for the good news, and it never seems to disappoint.

It sounds vaguely to me like you're saying something risqué. You said virtual server and tweak software in the same sentence, and we're supposed to equate that with opening a spreadsheet, or something? Why don't you throw in a few wheretofores, and a Delta or two, while you're at it? Then it may become unintelligible to most everyone. ;)

My oldest son also sees The Matrix. He's well equipped for the modern world. I am not. But, I can run pretty fast for a long time... :)