New US shipping rates!

Kudzu

New US shipping rates! The shopping cart was getting shipping cost direct from the USPS server. This should be the most accurate way to calculate shipping but we have been seeing a lot of errors in the shipping cost lately.

We looked at offering free shipping but frankly, there is no free shipping.  Companies that offer free shipping charge higher prices on their products to cover the ‘free’ shipping.  I didn’t want to raise prices so we have decided to try a type of flat rate shipping based on weight.  It’s not perfect but it should be much fairer.  We are going to try this and see how it works and if needed we can adjust the shipping cost.  Our goal is to keep shipping as accurate as possible.

International rates remain the same.

There is so much hidden expense in shipping. Fabric is easy because I can put it in a flat rate box (most times) and the PO furnishes flat rate boxes. But I still have to buy boxes for other things and boxes are not cheap!! I go to staples and box of adhesive shipping labels, packing tape, a box of 10 x 12 envelopes and that is $50! Last order of shipping boxes was around $250.

I understand whey people complain about shipping.  I am spoiled to Amazon Prime and their free shipping. As much as I buy through them it's a steal for me. I really considered Free Shipping but after looking at the numbers I would have raise prices 10% to not loose money. Yup! 10%!

up here we never take shipping for granted. There are no roads into most of SE Alaska, so, companies that insist on shipping on carriers other than USPS raise our costs because it comes by air. Flat rate priority USPS has been a great boon for us. Jeff, I've only made two orders from you but both times the shipping cost seemed fair, thanks