An other OC20 build !!

Lotus

Hi all, as I sad somewhere else in this forum after one has completed his firs boat there will be an other one , other one and so on. It's an addiction !!

My Piranha ( Marissa eco 18 ) is one year old now and she is giving us great time and satisfaction ! but where is that smell of fresh epoxy  !! 

I've decided to go for the famous Ocracoke 20, and today have just received the plans from Carla, a long way to Europe !!

Tomorrow study-plans and next week will go shopping  ;)

Any help, suggestions, opinions and pictures are highly appreciated :)  :)  

Hope that soon will post pictures of the progress .

Regards,

Lotus

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait to see it come together. As I said before it was a tough decision as to which one I was going to build and part of me wishes I chose this one but I'm happy with my Marissa even though I haven't had time to put it in the water yet. The Ocracoke 20 will likely be next for me as well.

Did I mention I can't wait to see this come together!

Treywill, you have to be patience :D !!!

I have made the same decisions you had on building Marissa and I don't regret it !. Marissa plans are more easy and straight forward to understand and put together and this will help you to get much more experience how things should be done , step by step !  You will build an OC. some day  <_< BTW your marissa is looking great ! Keep it up.

Today I'll start cutting the frames ( hopefully ) 

• 2 weeks later...

Transom  keel and bottom stringers all shaped, notched and glued in. Transom area will be customized, somehow like my previous boat build Piranha that is also very similar to NZ LANCE OC20 build. Lance gave his boat a fantastic look. I rely like her lines .

Next week hope to glue in the chine batten and some side stringers.

post-4121-0-60724300-1461144258_thumb.jpg

post-4121-0-04837800-1461144273_thumb.jpg

post-4121-0-55627700-1461144288_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Side stringers and sheer are being glued. All going smooth so far , besides a couple of shattered stringers wile bending ! <_<  

As you may notice the deadrise of the boat has been customized. She will have a 15.5 deg. at transom . Almost all frames , bottom stringers and the keel had been re designed ( with the help of Graham obviously ).

Will also incorporate some lift strakes  and a flat pad ( not sure about the flat pad or delta pad what ever they call it ! ) 

Any professional knowledge and recommendations are highly appreciated   :)

Soon will start the planking of the bottom !

post-4121-0-34982200-1461923096_thumb.jpg

post-4121-0-36702700-1461923127_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

"As you may notice the deadrise of the boat has been customized. She will have a 15.5 deg. at transom . Almost all frames , bottom stringers and the keel had been re designed ( with the help of Graham obviously ).

Will also incorporate some lift strakes  and a flat pad ( not sure about the flat pad or delta pad what ever they call it ! ) "

Out of interest - what changes did you make?

What were the reasons for this?

How difficult was it to do?

Love your build so far.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tomd, the reason for these changes are because I will use this boat only in open waters so I preferred rough water performance to economy . With some help from Graham it is not so difficult for these changes .

Progress is very slow on this build !! 

Some photo updates !.

Sides planked and the boat is rolled over. I will complete the entire boat before glassing . I know that this way I have to roll it 3 times but because of some transom and sheer line modifications think this is the best way to do.

Lifting strakes will be done when re flip before glassing.

post-4121-0-03118100-1468561884_thumb.jpg

post-4121-0-20577400-1468561996_thumb.jpg

post-4121-0-50810000-1468562033_thumb.jpg

post-4121-0-87869000-1468562063_thumb.jpg

post-4121-0-78085500-1468562095_thumb.jpg