Official Watertribe EC/UFC 2016 event discussion.

Alan Stewart

Alan is really doing well.

My wife always laughs at me watching this stuff and flipping from all the sources of info with my browser. One day......hopefully 2018. I just found Graham! I suspect a bit more wind would be good for him. It looks like 6 mph with few gusts according toe windfinder. Does anyone know if he's carrying a mizzen stay-sail or the spinnaker? Mister Moon looks to be right by him.

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates. I am not all in it with this computer biz (in fact, no computer, it was this phone that got me on the net), but I sure do enjoy all the folks on these here forum boards, and find I generally care how they all proceed.

I genuinely appreciate the updates on "our" racers. Even the ones NOT in brand new boats. :)

Can someone please post some links to websites they are using to track the sailors. I have been to the Water Tribe tracker and chosen the class and individual but can't seem to find anything. It is as if the race hasn't even started yet. Thanks.

Alex, it is working for me. Graham (Roo) is going through Stump Pass right now and approaching CP1. Alan seems to be at CP1. Jarhead is doing pretty well in his Sea Pearl. I can tell you that this light wind is where those boats really shine. If it picks up the CS's ability to plane will allow them to close. I just noticed on the FB Watertribe page there is a pic of Alan's mod to his Amas done at CP1. I'm guessing they were diving and he added a forward wing to give them buoyancy. I can't wait to hear his explanation.

Alex,

My mistake. I have 6 pages open here and it was really on the Water tribe Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209045437241092&set=pcb.887162308068885&type=3&theater

Map has been available again for the last hour-http://www.watertribe.com/Events/ChallengeGMapper.aspx

Watertribe tracking map is at http://www.watertribe.com/Events/ChallengeGMapper.aspx

Under Events select EC2016 for most of the fleet or UF2016 The race around Florida that Alan is entered.

Under Class select All or Class 4 for sailing monohulls

Under Challenger select All or any individual by watertribe name.

Hit Regenerate View.

Hope that helps good luck.

Alex,

I can't get the facebook page either. In the tracking map, when I select All Challengers for a class, the little captions to identify challengers mainly don't work, which is a bummer.

What works for me (Event / Class / Challenger / Display Detail)

for Graham ( EC2016 / Class 4 / Roo / Show Tracks and All Waypoints)

for Alan ( UF2016 / Class 3 / SOS / Show Tracks and All Waypoints)

for Dawn ( UF2016 / Class 1 / Sandy Bottom / Show Tracks and All Waypoints)

You can find anyone else you are interested in on the "list of participants" link on the B&B page.

Hope that helps

Graham got to Check Point 1 at 7:44 p.m.  Alan got there at 5:29 p.m. but stayed until 7, during which time he put some blades on the tips of his amas (quick-set epoxy, I 'd guess), presumably to help keep the tips up.  He then sailed until about 130 a.m., anchored off a key, and took off again before 8.  Alan's mom, SOS, got to CP1 at 10:50 p.m., paddled some more, camped at 115 and was at it again early this morning.  Source: Alan's blog, which is being staffed by his dad, http://sailnaway.blogspot.com/

I heard thru the grapevine that Graham spent the night in a motel, for whatever reason I don't know.

mike,

I said that since his spot showed him at the motel early this morning. He did stop at check point one and slept for the night.  Some minor repairs needed this morning due to a hard chance in Stump Pass in the breakers.  A Sea Pearl went over in the pass and apparently suffered significant damage but the skipper is OK. I just talked to Graham who is now in Gasparilla Sound and getting along well.  He is making this one into a cruise which I agree is a good thing.  He plans on stopping for the night at Pine Island before going on to Chokolosky tomorrow.  The CS 17 Mark3 is doing well with the wind vane working well when called on.  Some surfing over 11kts yesterday in strong wind.  A cold front is due soon and that will have its effect on whether he sails or takes a lay time.  He says that weather is beautiful now and it is really fun to not having to push all the time.

You need to call up the proper race on the Watertribe chart site.  EC2016 in first column for most and UF2016 for Allan and Dawn.  Class in next comumn ( 1 for Dawn, 3 for Allen and 4 for Graham.  Then call up the boat in the third column (Roo for Graham, SOS for Allan, Sandy Bottom for Allan's mother Dawn).  Then specify what factors you want to look at in last column.  Also need to regenerate for all changes in view.

Sure enough the tracker at 3:45pm shows Graham just north of Sanibel, Dawn just south of Sanibel and Alan down near Marco Island.

A Hard Chance at Stump Pass. Sounds like a B Western. Maybe we will hear about it around the campfire.

• Like 2