keen2buildagain

Aussie Open OB-20 #26

I couldn't see an easier way to finish it off. I wasn't looking for praise, but thanks again for the positive comments guys.

Ps, PAR, what is a "stretcher"? (the Australian version of a stretcher is something carried in the back of an Ambulance) :rolleyes:

A "stretcher" is a bending machine that stretches as it goes. This means you don't have to cut and weld pieces to fit, like that transom cap. Most can also shrink metal too. It's a set of jaws that grab the sheet metal and pull or push, as you feed the sheet into it. 

All done apart from wiring up a few things, "official" launch day in a couple of weeks!

I will try to get some shots of her in the water underway. 

Cleveland Bay console.jpg

Cleveland Bay stb side.jpg

Cleveland Bay.jpg

Officially named the wooden tub over a few beers on the weekend. 

A few touch ups and then off to the salt we go......😁

Cleveland Bay sign only.jpg

Cleveland Bay sign.jpg

Here are a couple of photos showing CB in the salt for the first time last Sunday. We had 15 - 20 knot winds on the bay that day , which although weren't ideal boating conditions, were in fact perfect to see how she handled. My "crew" bailed out on me saying they didn't want to get wet, so I went alone for a run in the waves. 

The hull performed well, probably a bit flighty....(from NOT having enough weight eg: me and 20 litres of fuel)  in the conditions. 

Except for the occasional bit of spray running headway into the swell at 45 degrees, it was dry and forgiving. The 70hp proved itself to have plenty of power and with 6 people on board in the flat water, it got the hull up onto the plane with no effort. Many thanks to Graham for his expert advice and support thru the 4 yr build. I will post some shots of her running the first chance I get.

June launch day E.jpg

launch day.jpg

June launch day A.jpg

June launch day B.jpg

June launch day D.jpg

Great to see this finished, congrats. I'm sure you will get plenty of compliments at the ramp.

Is the open chamber under the deck for fuel/removable tank?

Lenm

Yes there is enough room for a 60Lt tank forward of the console and one at the rear. This way, when we return home, they are pulled out of the boat and the unused fuel gets distributed between the family car, mowers etc and the bilge is nice and dry..... (I am a bit old school and don't like stale fuel in my engines)