Aussie Open OB-20 #26

keen2buildagain

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple of photos showing CB in the salt for the first time last Sunday. We had 15 - 20 knot winds on the bay that day , which although weren't ideal boating conditions, were in fact perfect to see how she handled. My "crew" bailed out on me saying they didn't want to get wet, so I went alone for a run in the waves. 

The hull performed well, probably a bit flighty....(from NOT having enough weight eg: me and 20 litres of fuel)  in the conditions. 

Except for the occasional bit of spray running headway into the swell at 45 degrees, it was dry and forgiving. The 70hp proved itself to have plenty of power and with 6 people on board in the flat water, it got the hull up onto the plane with no effort. Many thanks to Graham for his expert advice and support thru the 4 yr build. I will post some shots of her running the first chance I get.

June launch day E.jpg

launch day.jpg

June launch day A.jpg

June launch day B.jpg

June launch day D.jpg

Lenm

Yes there is enough room for a 60Lt tank forward of the console and one at the rear. This way, when we return home, they are pulled out of the boat and the unused fuel gets distributed between the family car, mowers etc and the bilge is nice and dry..... (I am a bit old school and don't like stale fuel in my engines)