Ocracoke 256 hull #2 Build

smccormick

My friend has an 8 meter sailboat with teak covering boards. We put the Awlwood on 2 years ago. The boat is raced so the covering board have some damage to the finish. We repaired the finish at the end of the season. The teak had not turned yet. We repaired it as you would regular varnish with sanding back and build up layer etc. It repaired wonderfully. I would not waste time on repairing a ding this Awlwood is very hard to remove.

Hi to all. I have been reading the thread lately. is the first time I write. congratulations on your constructions. So, my name is Ilias and I am from Greece. I'm preparing to make ocracoke 256. I have some questions to do. I'm sending a message to the company but I still have no answer. the basic question is, how much is the cost to build my own boat?

Welcome to the group, Ilias . We don't mean to ignore your question. Especially since you are in Greece. It's just that there are so many variables that it is very difficult to answer. Maybe someone can give you an answer that will be somewhere close. At least in US dollars, or Australian, or where ever they are building. Meanwhile, hang in there with us. As you begin your build, you'll have lots of help.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Aegean_Sea said:

Unfortunately I have not received any response from b&b for the plans. Without plans, there is no boat.  Can i find somewhere else plans for a similar boat? I love this boat but...

I am surprised that you have not heard back from the group. Alan and the designer normally logs on here several times of day too and pretty good with feedback.. I will personally call them this morning as it gets to be our local business day.  Its still dark on this side of the waters.B)

3 hours ago, Oyster said:

Με εκπλήσσει το γεγονός ότι δεν έχετε ακούσει από την ομάδα. Ο Άλαν και ο σχεδιαστής κανονικά συνδέονται εδώ αρκετές φορές την ημέρα πάρα πολύ καλά με την ανατροφοδότηση .. Θα τις ονομάσω προσωπικά σήμερα το πρωί, καθώς γίνεται η τοπική μέρα εργασίας μας. Είναι ακόμα σκοτεινό σε αυτή την πλευρά των υδάτων.ΣΙ)

Ok. Thank you very much. I'm waiting for..

2 hours ago, Alan Stewart said:

Αιγαίο Πέλαγος, 

Παρακαλώ να δεχτείτε τη συγνώμη μας για την έλλειψη ανταπόκρισης από το κατάστημα. Έχουμε πραγματικά πλημμυρίσει τον τελευταίο καιρό και πήρε πίσω τις απαντήσεις ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου μας. Σου έστειλα μια απάντηση και ανυπομονώ να συνεργαστώ μαζί σας. 

Alan

Thank you very much for the answer. I just sent you. Sorry for perseverance!

• 5 months later...

Thanks Gents.

I was just reading through the first few pages of this thread, oh how optimistic I was at the beginning.  Thought I would be done in 1.5 years.  Two years ago the wife asked how much longer? a year?  I had some smart arse retort like "it better not take that long!"  OH, the fantasy.

Whisky (just got back from Scotland and was taught the correct way to spell it) plank was over 3 years ago.  That means I've been sanding for 3 years and I still have more to do.