Messabout

Doug Cameron

• 2 weeks later...

REMINDER:  The B&B Messabout for 2015 is very near.  It is the weekend of October 23-25.  We have 

heard from many of you and we expect a good crowd.   Because we have to have head count for food, 

we need to have a final tally in the next few days (by 10/19) for the Dutch-Treat Friday night dinner at 

Little Italy and the Saturday Luncheon put on by B&B.  Please email or call Carla with your information:

Name, attendance at Friday and or Saturday meals.  

admincarla@gmail.com   or 252-745-4793; 252-670-4960

If you have mentioned it to Graham or Alan, I (Carla) may not have gotten the information, so please be 

sure to confirm your plans with me.

Carla

Norm Otto & son Peter will be sailing to the messabout in CS 17 #307 in "sloop" configuration with Mizzen in the "middle" mast step as the mainsail , if anyone is interested in how it sails.  I have been sailing it as a sloop for the last 6 months  using the staysail as jib in light winds.  This week I will also see if the "mainsail" works as a jib for heavier winds.  I sail out of Bath, NC

• Like 1

Hi Norm.   So glad that you and Peter can make it back this year.  Please let me know if you will be attending the meals - Friday night dinner Dutch Treat at the restaurant and Sat. luncheon by B&B.  I have to let the restaurant and the caterer for Saturday know numbers by tomorrow.  You can email me at admincarla@gmail.com or call me at 252 745-4793 or 252-670-4960 (mobile: so you have better chance of catching me anytime).  

Carla

Norm

Great to hear you are going to be at the MessAbout. Sally and I are planning on sailing out of Chapel Creek on Tuesday 10/20 returning Thursday pm or Friday am. We may head up to Mouse Harbor.

Will you sail from North Creek to the MessAbout?

We are looking forward to seeing you and Peter and your new sail configuration.

Joe

Hi all,

I'll be a newbie at this mess-about.  I've been mostly lurking on this site for the past six-months or so, although I have posted a couple of times.  Currently live in Tallahassee, FL but planning on moving up to eastern North Carolina now that I've retired.  I'm interested in the Core Sound Mk3's. My main reason for coming to the mess-about is to actually see whether I can comfortably fit into a berth on a CS17, but have a feeling the CS20 would fit me better.  (I'm a big boy -- currently 6' 01", 270 lbs.)  Hoping I can try a berth in each of these and also spend sometime on the water with someone.

I'm currently boatless, having gotten rid of my heavy 20' cat-ketch here in Florida and looking forward to starting a new boat after moving.

Dan Clark

(currently) Tallahassee, FL

Dan, I shared your concerns. I honed in right away on the CS20.3 only because of sitting headroom. I had a chance to see Carlita when I picked up my kit and to me the 17 seems quite a bit smaller. I'm 6'0 and I posted a picture in the CS 20 MArk 3 thread showing me sitting against the bulkhead in Doug's 20 and I think you will be all right, but I wouldn't want to be 6'2". I'm jealous you are going.