Launched My Curlew Last Saturday.

Dav3xor

Thanks Jeff, it's a lovely boat, works as advertised...  

I did the 2 piece skin with a rub rail, I like the way it looks, but it's probably a lot of unnecessary work.  I have good sewing skills, I could have easily done 1 piece.  I like it the way it is though, I'm proud of the work I did.

Going to take it farther down river tomorrow, try to see Ross Island and get some pictures of downtown Portland from an angle I haven't seen before.

am8i7nC.jpg

EuGrLZW.jpg

dO3mVCu.jpg

llyuLbQ.jpg

nWe08RG.jpg

I've never had a problem with the appearance of the deck seams as long as they are straight and neat - they are a part of the style.

However, this boat with the smooth deck and timber rubrails is a different look that works just as well, possibly better. Add in that it is nicely made and you have a special boat. Well done.  

Being from a bit further south I'm not familiar with the area - what river is that?

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful kayak, the combination of the the colors and wood trim give it an Art Deco feel. Very nice work. No PFD's in sight though :(   (I'm with Jeff on this one, especially after having practiced self-rescues with and without one)

Harvey Golden's museum is still open, stopped by there in August, well worth a visit.