Sailing the CS15

Had a nice but short first sail last Saturday on the Pamlico River NC in our newly acquired CS15 #123, built last summer by Alan Stewart at B&B. Had three 200#ers aboard including my 81 yr old cousin and the boat was very stable as we loaded, moved around under sail, and unloaded.  Blowing about 8 on open water with lots of boat wakes when we left and had to row hard a bit to clear the docks but she rowed ok from the forward locks sitting on a cushion over the centerboard well.  Just getting to know her when the wind died, but we were able to ghost her back to her bulkhead lift (old "stretched" manual jet ski lift) without the oars.  Did loose a non-captive circular oar lock when I shipped them just before landing but good Wife was able to dive and retrieve it.  Will be adding oar collars. She seemed to move more efficiently/smoother than our BRS15 of a few years ago but that would be expected.  Hope to get her out a lot before Graham's Messabout in Oct.  Rick

She shall be "Shaliste" from our three children, Shawn, Alisa, & Stephanie. Both Washington (~6mi) and Bath (~12mi) would be good day trips for us with decent winds when it gets a bit cooler or I rig a bimini. Some trailered trips to Beaufort and Oriental would be nice too.  Have to get to work on finishing the "Amanda" also though before a hurricane blows away her build tent.  Rick

Speaking of a Bimini top. I ordered mine for Turtler from Convertex Inc. in Canada. I'm VERY pleased with it. It came with the tubing in sections for shipping UPS. They were assembled with supplied pop rivets and became very secure the top material is acrylic coated 100% woven polyester. Complete with a boot, it was $195.00. I think that shipping cost was included.

• 1 year later...