Bay River Skiff in N. Fla

JRich

I'm looking at a Bay River Skiff in Hawthorne, FL early next week when I'm down that way... The owner says it's hull #46 and that he bought it from a guy in NC fairly recently.

Does anyone recognize that hull number? BRS #46? I'd like to get some more details on what materials were used.

This might be the boat, I remember considering buying this before I built my CS17.   If it is painted a bright blue/green that's the one. The link to craig's list doesn't work.

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

http://hiltonhead.cr...3905298175.html

Boat has recently upgraded aluminum masts and rigging.

843-240-9287

Sam

• Like 1

We looked up our records and found that BRS # 46 was indeed from NC. In fact the hull was built in my boat building class. I remember the build but not the small details. We built with marine quality products but back then some builders used fir, meranti and okume ply or a combination. She was started in 94 but the builder took a long time to finish her once she went home.  

He was a fisherman and never put a sailing rig on her. I met the builder later on at a regatta at Blackbeard's Sailing Club and he let me take her for a spin. I recall that she was rigged with a Honda 9.9.

Thanks for the info, Graham and Philip!

Philip, would you have any more info on Sam's website-- a web address, Sam's last name, etc.?

Graham, I spoke with the current owner and he's offering the boat with a trailer and no motor. He mentioned the boat building class, and said the rig had aluminum masts with wood tops-- so they must have been added later.

• 2 weeks later...

The guy who's selling it-- Tim is his name-- didn't post any pictures. Not sure what happened there. But I checked it out in person and it's a real boat(!) and Tim's a pretty nice guy, if not a bit shy.

WWBaginski, that's a nice looking BRS17 you have. Looks like a fun trip you took in Finland, too.