CS17 #323

JPower210

Not another build thread... :rolleyes:

After having my plans for quite a long time, and having a full time job and two little ones (3yrs and 4 mos), I finally got started.  Graham and Alan cut me a kit for that jumpstarted the project.  Most of my time in the shop is an hour here or there, usually after everyone goes to bed in my house.  I picked up the kit a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday, number 323 went 3D!!!!

I have a couple of days of shop time over the holiday weekend so planning on getting a jump on the process.  Inwales should go in today and by the end of the weekend I hope to have the wires all out-

Stay tuned for pics-

Thanks Graham and Alan for an excellent kit-  everything is fitting together perfectly so far-

JP

Welcome JP! Will be watching for progress and pics.

I can relate to your late night build situation. When my buddy and I started our CS17 almost 2 years ago, he had three with the youngest at 4 and I had two girls 5 and 3. Three months into the build, we were greeted with surprising news of a boy on the way which gave me some real incentive for completing the boat quickly.

And I can say first hand that you have some wonderful sailing grounds. I spent some time in the area with a bit of sailing this past May.

It's been a good weekend for boat building- the family was out of town for the long weekend so I got a fair amount of uninterrupted time in the boatshop-  now if I could just figure out some magical way to not have to wait for epoxy-

The hull is tack welded together-  Glassing is done in the bow, although I still have the bulkhead to do-  inwales are in- (what a chore single handed...I used Alan's video of the 15 build to guide the inwale process.  Sides are prepped for fillet and taping this week and I should have the keel board in by next weekend.  Pictures are coming-

Question- are folks taping under the keel board?  My inclination is not to since the board itself will act like one big piece of tape- but I am planning on keeping the boat for a long time-  I will be glassing the whole hull outside.

Happy 4th everyone!

JP