MY new boat

Kudzu

Yes and no.  It a slightly modified version of the redesigned Short Shot. It is the same hull with just a couple of tweaks to the hull shape just to see if I could improve it.. But it is 95%+ the same.  There are some changes in the deck, trying some other new things that will find there way into Short Shot and other if they work out OK.

• Like 1

Made a short paddle yesterday.  Flat water with only a few boat wakes so can't say much other than I like it. Tracks just a little better than the new Short Short but still turns good. Has slightly better primary stability so it doesn't feel quite as twitchy. Love the looks for the new deck too.

Had some issues with the skeg not fully deploying but that should be an easy fix. Just need a stronger spring to pull it down. So no judgement on that yet. Just waiting on some bumpy water and a little wind to get a better feel for it.

PPw3Ysuh.jpg

amRHRAOh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The current model is the same except the deck. That is my next project, to work on the optional laminated deck beam and add it to the plans.

I had lost the file where I modified this boat but I just found it last night. I have shop work today but should work on this next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the plans changed and trying to add some directions. I am leaning toward minimal directions with a note that this requires some woodworking skills. While laminating the deck beam is going to be pretty easy, it's probably not so easy for someone that doesn't do woodworking or isn't very mechanicaly inclinded.