Messing About in Boats by Tom McGrath

Soundboats

Hello, 

I am newbie on this  site, but I have enjoyed messing about in boats since the 1970's.  Back in those days I was in Gloucester and Woods Hole and a subscriber to a small magazine called "Messing About in Boats" by Tom McGrath.  This was a one man operation.  He wrote and illustrated most of the articles.  I have saved some them in a folder, but would like to know if anyone has collected and re-published his stories?  His stories are perfect for this forum and others might enjoy them.  He sailed a Townie all around Massachusetts with titles such as "Townie to P. Town... all OK until the land got in the way," and "Whale watching in a Townie." Great adventure stories with a great deal of humor. 

Messing About in Boats was and is published by Bob Hicks. He ran some of Tom's stories. I've not heard anything about Tom in years. International Marine/McGraw Hill published Tom's book Voyages of the Damn Fool back in 1997.

Here's the site for "Messing...":  http://www.messingaboutinboats.com/index.html