Chick Ludwig

Summer Breeze - Core Sound 17, Mk-3

I hope he paid his dues to the boat renaming gods appropriately, or ill will can befall this puppy. If you may have been slightly remiss in this regard, I have a good source for prepubescent, virginal pee out of Maine if you need it . . .

The marks of a well designed small craft . . . an engine, gallows, boarding ladder and the skipper sitting at the very stern and she's still holding her butt up. Not and easy thing to arrange and still have reasonable performance too . . .

12 hours ago, PAR said:

skipper sitting at the very stern and she's still holding her butt up

Only because the wife is sitting on the c'way holding the bow down. Single handed, ya gotta sit ahead of the mizzen. faster that way!

In case you’re not aware, the Little River Band came out with a song in the late ‘70’s entitled ‘Cool Change”.  The last line of the refrain is “ I know that it’s time for a cool change”.

I agree with PAR- changing the name of a boat is “bad luck”.  But I did it once, and the gods were kind.  The name of the Catalina 27 I bought was Socialite II.  I changed it to Thrillsbe, which rhymes with my last name.  It provided us with many thrills.

Just to correct some previous news. Dale did NOT change the name. She's still Summer Breeze. She's loving her new home and getting plenty of time on the water.