Summer Breeze - Core Sound 17, Mk-3

Chick Ludwig

Dale is a great guy. I met him at MASCF a couple of years ago. If you had to sell her I am glad it was him. I always thought we'd sail together but maybe next time you'll be a guest on my boat. Chick, thanks for going before me, I've learned so much from your build thread and your contributions. Glad you are still going to be building!

Thanks Steve. I'd love to sail with you! I'm scheming and planning my next project. I may start a discussion on the Main Forum to gather ideas from "all the guys". I have to renovate an old 18 foot aluminum Starcraft first. It's my "family boat". And it's too cold to work out in my unheated garage right now, so it will be another month or two before much will get done. But the afore mentioned planning and scheming is half the fun.

Look for Chick's Micro Power Cruiser Project.

Dave, I guess I started things off with the micro power cruiser, but I'm kinda wantin' to do a canoe or kayak like the Fly Fisher, or Birder. Also have the plans for a catspaw 8. Still hopped up about a "super-dink", too. So many boats, so little time, room,......

I love those old outboards! The old motor bug kinda died off. I thought I'd like messing with them lik I used to, but just can't seem to get enthused with the wrench work. Now I have a 7 1/2 and 15 hp Evinrude. 1954 and 1956 that need a home. Both totally unrestored, needing LOTS of work. I only have $50 in them. Oh well, guess the sawdust in my veins has driven out the gasoline.

Ok, Paul. Both motors are "stuck". I've had the 15 powerhead soaking in a bucket of kerosene for about 4 months. just can't get up the interest to work on the. Also have a 1947 Goodyear Seabee that's in great shape that needs a home. It's disassembled waiting for paint. $75 for it.

On 1/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Hirilonde said:

Has anyone tried suggesting what Chick should build next?

The answer is "yes".  Let's just say it didn't go well.  All suggestions were instantly rejected.  I guess you can lead a builder to a set of plans, but you can't make him build!

Thank you Chick for the kind words. I will do my best to do right by your Southern Breeze. As you know, I plan to keep her name.  I like it.

I have not posted much for several years on this forum, since I finished my Marissa 18 'Salty'. I am doing a lot of dreaming about beach cruising adventures in Southern Breeze. 

I have not decided when or if I will be selling my great CS 17 'Lively'. I have had many wonderful adventures in her.  I want to sail SB for awhile to be sure I like her better than 'Lively'. I think I will because of all the reasons I bought SB such as flush deck cabin, masts on tabernacles, two bunks, PP,  sit up headroom self draining cockpit and on and on.

I hope to post some of my adventures on this forum but will definitely post them on our local club West Coast Trailer Sailing Squadron WCTSS website or on Facebook. Our club is in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.

dale

sm, They are not worth much some places, but worth the arm and a leg in others!

Dale, I know the Breeze is thrilled with her new home. I'll look forward to reading about her adventures!

I joined the WCTSS Facebook page and am enjoying keeping up wit you guys as I sit here and shiver in the cold Carolina mountains.

• 2 weeks later...

First time I’ve been here for awhile. Congrats Chick and Dale. You are both good Guys and I am happy to hear of your adventures and plans. I was looking for EC activity as well as I know it is 13 days away. I exchanged messages with Bill  Highsmith who bought Peggy-O and he will be sailing her this year (forget her new name)  He did so great last year!

best of luck to all of you in EC!

be safe!