Who is going to Cayo Costa?

LennieG

As of right now, I plan to go to Cayo Costa for Friday through Sunday morning (weather permitting). 

However, my re-fit of 'Lively' will not be done by then so will be taking my Marissa 'Salty' and camping (either tent or cabin).

If you only go for the day you will miss some of the best times in the evening when everybody sits around and talks boats. It used to be even better but the Park Rangers now prevent us having a campfire.

Mattp, Cayo Costa is a FL state park about 1 1/2 hours south of Tampa Bay on the West Coast of FL.  Just south of Boca Grand a small fishing village famous for Tarpon fishing.  It is one of the best spots for small boat sailing and beach camping.  There is a small hole on North end of the island which has a small opening just deep enough for shallow water boats to get in.  Then you are completely surrounded by beach or treelined island. Our WCTSS goes there twice a year.  The sailing among the islands is great or if weather is nice the Charlotte Harbor is a great big bay for sailing in nicer weather.

dale

dale

Dale-

If we can coordinate leaving Pine Island at same time that would be great. Frankly I don't want to take more than a day trip on first day, and Margi has granddaughter commitments next day. If you wish to take first sail with us to Cayo Costa and back, then motor over, you are welcome to do so and would love to have your company, knowledge and expertise. You have been there since beginning, have been quite helpful, and would love to share experience with you. Either way let's connect. How long is the trip usually from Pine Isalnd to destination? It looks like about three miles from navigation charts I bought. I believe and hope Bill (DocPal) will be there on that trip, as well as Phil G. We will connect hopefully. I need to look on website ( WCTSS) and join.