Core Sound 20 MKlll s/n 2

Jknight611

Thanks for all the comments, it did make a nice looking boat. The paint ....it is a 15 feet paint job, almost impossible to paint in the same area you build in! My shop has a terminal dust problem. I have a Shopsmith dust collector that became a Shopsmairh dust broadcaster. This winter we may clean the paint job up a bit, after I get the shop cleaned up a bit.

Looking forward to seeing how she sails! Bet it will be a heck of a lot fun to sail.

• 3 weeks later...

Jay, all the pictures from the messabout really reaffirm my thoughts that the two tone paint job would really look striking on this boat. Congratulations on a beautiful build. I especially like the pic on FB where you and your wife just have that "I'm sailing a boat I built" grin!

I have a few questions.

1. You've had a chance to sail a bit by now? What works and what needs sorting out?

2. How do you like the rig and how fast can you get it rigged?

3. Where do you stow the booms and sails when trailering?

4. Do you like the motor mount you made?

5. Did you get a chance to sleep aboard and if so how was it?

Hi Jay, Good to see your photos. I am building the Mk3 from plans and scratch in Canberra, Australia. About time I posted some photos. At the moment I have a lovely centreboard (hand shaped and fibreglassed) and a lot of cut parts flying in loose formation and waiting for me to finish cutting out and scarfing the hull panels. Then, I hope, there will be something looking like a baby yacht.

• Like 1

Thanks Jay. I will post some pics and thoughts as others might benefit from our shared experience and any stuff-ups! Dragonflydbl does sound like a strange name. It was the name and callsign of my last aircraft that I built, so I guess my real name is simpler - Drew.

Best regards

Drew-- "Thrillsbe" was the name I acquired during my whitewater rafting days.  It stuck, and ended up on the sides of my Catalina 27.  Fortunately, I no longer name my boats that.  I've only used it for my nickname on this forum.  (Much to the confusion of some.)  So, I understand confusing boat names.  Press on!  Looking forward to photos of your build process.

• 4 weeks later...

Mounted (remounted) the ballast pump on some mounts known as Lord mounts.  The howl is gone!  Before the pump could be heard over Graham's CNC machine, no more.  I can stealthily add or remove water from the tan in 4 or 5 minutes!