Long Shot launch

Gene T

Launch is a figure of speech.  The boat is finished but the water is too stiff to launch.  The gray material in the cockpit is quarter inch closed cell foam to protect the inside of the boat, comfort for you feet and to hold the seat in the proper place.  I like to remove the seat to let air in to dry the bottom and make sure it's clean.

post-2880-0-08124800-1422466235_thumb.jpg

post-2880-0-65494100-1422466266_thumb.jpg

post-2880-0-44368000-1422466285_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Really nice job! I actually like the dark color: it would make an excellent stealth boat. I just finished the frame on my Long Shot. Modified the bow to make it even more radical, and added bow and stern hatches. These add weight, but I need to be able to easily access my gear. I'm going to paint mine brownish to simulate animal hide, and all the deck lines, etc will be brown, as well. It will be a change from my hard shell, which is bright shiny red.

I have a web site which follows the process here. You've all been through it, but my cousins, who live all over the place, wanted to see how it was done.

I'm waiting for the skin to arrive. The finished frame:

FFinish04.jpg