Will you measure your feet?

Kudzu

I am serious, would any of you be willing to help me out and measure you feet?  

One of the most common questions I get it is "Will my size XX feet fit _________  boat?"  That is always a hard question to answer and I am trying to come up with a way I can measure a boat and provide at least some answer to this.

I have an idea of how to accomplish this but foot length just doesn't get it.  Most people, I assume all people sit in a kayak with the feet pointed left and right (splayed) and they don't sit  with the soul of their feet straight up and down, they lean toward the bow of the boat.  That is where the problem lies.

What I am thinking about doing is making a diagram and getting some specific measurements from as many people as I can. This would give me some guidance on how people sit and how they rest their feet. From that I can at least get some idea of the space inside a boat needed.

Anyone up for this? It will require you sit and someone else take the measurement.  Big feet are really a plus!

I sit differently in my kayaks.  Sitting frog leg style causes me numbness so I sit with my feet on a foot rest carved from closed cell foam.  My feet are close to parallel at at a 35 to 45 degree angle.  A Longshot is in progress and with my size 12's, I pretty sure I'll have enought room.  I added a frame to hold the foot rest. 

post-2880-0-91566800-1421880689_thumb.jpg

post-2880-0-25536200-1421880751_thumb.jpg

I don't have large feet but always wear footwear which takes up more room. The wetsuit boots in the pic below are about 11 1/2 inches long. Tops of my feet are about 11 inches behind the frame indicated by the red arrow in the other photo and heels are about 14 inches behind that frame so my feet are angled forward.

As you can see the toes just touch the deck skin and heels are just resting on the bottom skin with no padding.

post-2089-0-58563600-1422269776_thumb.jpg

post-2089-0-98165800-1422270505_thumb.jpg