Take the line, or leave the line.

Action Tiger

For Jeff,

I had my plans spread out, looking at them again, preparing to think about cutting them out, when I began to wonder if I should take the line, or leave the line? I'm guessing leave the line...

I know it's a small difference, but what did you intend when you drew it?

I've never had paper patterns before. All the boats I've built I have lofted them myself, or built them by eye. I might could get spoiled here.

Sorry if this subject has been broached before.

I thought so. Just being over analytical. I do a lot of scale work where line width matters so much.

My plan is to make templates from Bristol board that fit just inside the lines. Then I'll tack them to the plywood, trace around them and leave a little of the pencil line when I cut.

I prefer to make templates to work from so I can save the originals because I hate sawing paper glued to wood (wore out a few scroll saws in my day...), because I'd like a back up in case I mess up, and because I see my oldest son looking at these plans out of the corner of his eye. He claims his skateboard and little sailboat are enough, but I have a feeling someone will be getting a second boat fee right around the time I launch...

I'll post photos of any work I do, whenever I stop thinking stuff over. And run out of honey-dos and actual work, ugh.